Mold Remediation & Dust Mite Control in Vineland, Sicklerville, Clementon & Surrounding Areas
Information on Controlling Mold, Rot, And Dust Mite Problems in NJ and PA
In just a few years mold and dust mites can significantly damage your home and personal property if not addressed. Mold and dust are not only damaging to your home, the allergens from mold spores and dust mite waste can be very detrimental to your health.
At Dry Guys Basement Systems, we offer free mold & dust mite control estimates on professional services by our licensed contractors in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania area, including Vineland, Sicklerville, and Clementon, and nearby areas such as Bridgeton, Philadelphia, Blackwood, Cherry Hill, Sewell, Absecon, Marlton, Cape May, Pleasantville, Manchester Township, Ocean City, Ventor City, Ocean City, Magnolia and the surrounding areas.
Common Humidity Problems:
(Click for more information about each problem.)
At Dry Guys Basement Systems, our experienced contractors use our warrantied products to seal your basement or crawl space from outside humidity, and to control your mold, dust mites, rot, problems. We have the experience to keep your space dry all the time, Dry Guys Basement Systems has been fixing damp and moldy spaces at an affordable price in New Jersey since 1987.
Mold & Dust Mite Health Facts
- Dust Mites & Mold Eat Organic Materials: That means any organic material at all. Dust, fabric, fiberglass resins and dyes, drywall, wallpaper, glue, paint, wood, or anything else is enough to keep it growing. As for dust mites, 1,000 of these critters can live in a single gram of dust, each one creating 20 waste pellets per day.
- Mold Can Live In The Cold: Ever see mold in a refrigerator? Research shows that as long as the temperature is above 40 °F (4 °C), mold can grow and spread.
- Mold & Dust Mites Grow Fast: Mold can begin to grow in a home in as little as 24-48 hours, with a billion mold spores growing on a single foot of drywall. A single female dust mite can lay upwards of 250 eggs in its three-month life span.
- Mold Leads To Insurance Woes: Due to tens of thousands of mold-related lawsuits being filed, most general liability and property insurance companies now exclude mold insurance from their policies.
- Mold Destroys Your Home: Professional Builder Magazine warns that mold will dramatically lower the value of your home. A home worth $250,000 can easily have $100,000 in mold problems. Mold can even lead to structural damage to your home!
- Mold Spores Can Damage Your Health: Mold spore exposure can occur through inhalation, ingestion, and skin contact. Mold and dust mite waste is connected to allergies, asthma, and other breathing issues. Even dead mold spores can be damaging to your health.
- Dust Mite Waste Is Highly Allergenic: 90% of patients show dermal reactivity to dust mite waste and 10% of the general population is also sensitive. Dust mite waste makes up 80-90% of the allergic component of house dust, containing 15 potent allergens that sensitize and trigger allergic reactions. In fact, American Family Physician states that "controlling dust mites is the most important thing you can do in your house to make your asthma and allergies better."
- Mold & Dust Mites Are Sneaky: Mold can grow in fiberglass insulation, behind drywall panels, and behind wallpaper. Dust mites can live in furniture, cloth, and pillows. Just because you don't see a problem does not mean that one does not exist.
To Sum It Up: As Glenn Fellman, executive director of the Indoor Air Quality Association states, "If you are reacting to a problem because somebody's been sick, you've waited way too long to address indoor air quality." The best way to protect yourself is to prevent the mold or dust mite problem before it begins!
Water can rise directly through the porous concrete of your basement floor and get trapped under the carpet or wood installed.
Be sure to seal your basement floor before installing carpet or organic materials, this will reduce the potential for mold growth.
Controlling Mold, Rot & Dust Mites in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
By sealing out humidity from outside air and installing a dehumidifier, you can protect yourself from mold and dust mite problems.
This is because mold, rot and dust mites all need significant amounts of moisture and humidity to survive. Mold and dust mites need moisture levels over 60% to survive and grow.
Our company offers no cost or obligation, free moisture control estimates to homeowners in our New Jersey and Pennsylvania service area. Each estimate includes an on-site inspection by one of our trained, certified specialists, written estimate, and a copy of our 88-page color basement waterproofing & crawl space book.